Friday, June 10, 2011

Let the challenge begin!

CONFESSION: I'M HORRIBLE WITH MONEY.

Well, wait-- I'm GOOD with money, if we're talking about spending it.  I'm HORRIBLE when it comes to saving money and I've never really done a good job with it.  Maybe a little here and there, or if I wanted to buy something that required saving, but I've never been able to save on a regular basis.  I enjoy shopping WAY too much to the point that even going to the grocery store for toilet paper is exciting for me.  I wouldn't say I have an addiction or a problem because I feel like I would have more to show for it if I did (maybe that's called denial?).  I just have a bad habit of spending money when I don't need to or from impulse buying.

I don't spend a lot of money on clothing or shoes.  The sad part is I choose to waste money at the grocery store.  And on silly 7-11 purchases.  Or cupcakes from the little cupcake place near my job. 
So, what is the point of documenting my inability to save money?  Well, I'm hoping to keep myself accountable to a challenge I'm making with myself: save money every day.  Not necessarily to set aside money in my savings account on a daily basis, but rather to find a way to spend a little less, find a good deal, or just not spend money at all for once.  Every update will hopefully include the latest way I was able to save money.  I'll also include tips from other bloggers or friends so others can benefit as well. 

If this is something you have difficulty with, or you're simply here to read along as I venture into the world of becoming a money saver, feel free to comment with suggestions, advice, criticism, jokes, whatever-- I can take it. :)

WARNING: There will be talk of couponing.  If this offends you, cease reading now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment