Friday, June 10, 2011

Saving tips

If you're new to couponing (I still consider myself a newbie) and have no idea where to look for coupons, it's simple: they're everywhere!  Obviously the Sunday paper usually has a few inserts, but the Internet is a great source as well. 

These are a few sites that update coupons every month and you can usually print each coupon at least twice:
http://www.coupons.com/
www.smartsource.com
www.redplum.com
www.couponnetwork.com

Other ways to find coupons:
  • If you shop at Target, go to www.target.com/coupons and print store coupons that can be stacked with manufacturer coupons for bigger savings.  These coupons are printable up to 2 or 3 times and they sometimes reset within the month so you can print them again.
  • Sign up for newsletters that send monthly updates and potential coupons.  One of my favorites is Proctor & Gamble  because you can register for samples and receive coupons in the mail.  Also, Vocalpoint sends out samples of new products periodically, as well as high-value coupons for the product.  We recently received samples of Mini Wheats Touch of Fruit and Breve Creme and both came with coupons for a free item, as well as several coupons for future purchases.
  • Check product websites.  Email companies and tell them you like their products.  "Like" companies on Facebook.  All of these have worked well for me.  I received the Wellness dog food coupon just by telling the company how much my dog loves their food!  I've also received several other coupons from companies I contacted.  Not everyone responds with a coupon, so don't always expect it, but they do appreciate the feedback.
There are so many ways to find coupons and get deals and I'm sure there are still sources I'm not aware of.  I do know people have been asking me how I go about couponing, so I wanted to at least share the basics, even though I'm only a month or two into it.  Please feel free to share your ideas or thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment