Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Menu Planning

One of the easiest ways to save money on your groccery budget is to work from a menu plan.  I'm not very good at doing this consistently, but I've done it enough to know that it works.  There was a time that I planned out meals for a month at a time, but that can be overwhelming.  Plus, it's easier to go week by week based on what you have on hand in an attempt to use only what you have or what's on sale. 

I haven't bought meat in a while, so we're down to several small bags of chicken, 1 bag of ground turkey, and 2 bags of ground beef.  Since hubby works night shifts for half of the week, I usually just eat leftovers or make something easy (my go to favorite: buttered noodles) on the nights he's not home.  Here's what I plan to make this week (3 days) for dinner:

Monday: Basil Chicken with Pasta (it was yummy!)
Tuesday: Chicken Kabobs with veggies
Wednesday: Turkey Burgers with French Potatoes

A co-worker just shared with me a link to a website called Food on the Table.  It seems like a great tool if you're trying to meal plan based on grocery store sales.  You choose the grocery store you prefer, then site tells you what's on sale and provides you with recipes containing whatever item you choose.  Then, you can plan out your meals for the week.  Best of all, it's free!

This weekend I'm looking forward to making my own bagels.  I've never done it before, so I hope it goes well!     

0 comments:

Post a Comment